Fitting a TR6 Steering Couler

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fitting a TR6 Steering Couler
From: Steve Smith <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to fit the rubber steering coupler to my
'69 TR6 and having a bear of a time.  I bought the
part from a reputable dealer (TRF) but it seems the
bolt pattern is about 1/8" too wide.

The original coupler had regular two bolts and two
allen headed bolts neither the all bolt or all allen
screw setups the catalogs list.  (Its all dried out
and grizzly and frankly I don't trust it).

I'm guessing TRF couldn't get something so basic sooo
wrong so there must be a TRick, can anyone share it
with me?

Thanks!
Steve
Racine, WI