FW: 76TR6 - Tranny\OD Fluid Replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: 76TR6 - Tranny\OD Fluid Replacement
From: Rudy Douma <RDouma@westower.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 07:28:37 -0700
Listers,

Last year I rebuilt my clutch and repaired leaky gaskets on my overdrive
unit. I inadvertently replaced the tranny\OD with a GL5\GL4 rated product.
I've since found out that any GL5 fluid will be harsh on the soft metals in
the tranny\OD. Now that I have the car reassembled and on the road. I have
raised it up on jack stands and want to drain the tranny. Can someone
confirm the following:

The only drain plug for draining both tranny and OD is on the bottom of the
tranny. I removed the drain plug on the OD unit beside the solenoid but no
real amount of fluid drained out. Is the only fill point on the left side of
the tranny. What is the capacity of fluid, I have read conflicting amounts.
The way I see it is once the fluid starts pouring out of the filler hole..
it's full.

Thanks in advance,

Rudy, Langley , B.C.

76 TR6  - CF57661UO