RE: Quinton Hazell any good?

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Quinton Hazell any good?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:38:32 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of CarlSereda@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 2:50 PM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Quinton Hazell any good?

Hi Listers,
Back in the 70's-80's I kinda thought Quinton Hazell was a cheap
aftermarket
part maker - am I wrong? - were they as good, or better in quality, than
the
typical Standard-Triumph waterpump or steering rod?
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74  .. can't tell if my 1982 non zerk fitted water pump
is
Q.H. but the sealed bearings sure are nice and smooth! (and the first
two casting
letters are QH)

I think it depends on which particular part you are talking about.  I
think that some of their parts are good but others are inferior.  For
example, GT6 rotoflex couplers are inferior to the Metalastic brand that
is also available but I have had good luck with their Trunnion kits.
For clutches, I prefer Borg and Beck.

Joe