RE: Modifying Old Datsun Brake drums

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Modifying Old Datsun Brake drums
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:47:32 -0700 FILETIME=[D923B0A0:01C33FF8]
> Sure enough . .right at the inside corner where the iron insert meets the
> aluminum face . . there's a nice shiny streak in the paint.

I've read in other places of having to relieve the drums a bit to prevent
that, but it may be peculiar to the solid-axle cars.

> Is there a difference between TR 6 and TR4 brake drums?

There are definitely differences, and I believe that is one of them.  The
main difference (and the reason TR6 drums can't be used on a solid axle car)
is the lug holes (smaller on the TR6).

Randall