Generator Mounting Bolt Removal Help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generator Mounting Bolt Removal Help
From: "Homebru" <homebru@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 07:56:05 -0400
I just had to open my big mouth.  Told my friend that my TR4A was running like
a top.  What a sure way to invite Murphy over for a visit...

I had trouble starting her, so I opened up the bonnet, and finally she turned
over.  Black smoke eminates from the top front of the engine.
Stop motor.  The black smoke was burning rubber from the fan belt.  D'ohh!

It seems that the bolt from the generator mounting bracket had sheared off,
causing too much travel in the mounting arm.  All that remains is the stud, as
the head is gone.  Only about 1 thread's worth protrudes from the front of the
block.

The questions for you guys are:
How do I remove the bolt stud from the block without goofing things up?  Is
there a tool anyone would recommend?  Is this a common malady?

Replacement parts should be here Thursday, so hopefully I can enjoy our
Nation's Independance sans top.

Thanks,

Chris
1967 TR4A