Re: TR5 on Ebay

To: Triumph Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR5 on Ebay
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:23:55 -0700
> I'm no TR5 expert, but it seems unlikely to me that Wayne would be
> advertising a fake as real,

A bunch of years ago Wayne's company built up a TR3A out of a few
junked vehicles.  It looked nice enough to win the Palo Alto people's
choice award right after it was finished.  What I thought was
interesting was the stamped number on the commission plate.  It ended
with an E  instead of an L or LO.  A quick check showed the commission
and engine numbers matched.  I suspect it was done to get a better
price (all matching numbers you know).  I thought it a silly faux pas
for him to make since a TR engine number never ever matches the
commission number.

I like Wayne as a person and enjoy his company, but since then I do not
trust him with anything I can not personally verify.

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
      Marigold Ltd.
      www.marigoldltd.com