Re:TR6 seat belts

To: "Dave B. Hammond" <dbh@hamengr.com>
Subject: Re:TR6 seat belts
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:48:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h5OCpVBd021943
Message text written by "Dave B. Hammond"
>I am having difficulty locatong a mounting point for the latch on a three
point system. I have the inertia reel location  near the rear  lower part
of
the door opening; the pivot point on the inner fender well, but cannot
locate the point near the rear of the seat  next to the driveshaft tunnel
where the catch mounts. There is a body to frame bolt, but it is only 5/16
and the rest of the mounting bolts are 7/16.
<

Dave, the inside seat belt (the one with the buckle) is attached directly
to the frame.  There is a hole in the floorboard that allows access to the
hole which takes a fairly large bolt - 7/16 I think.

You may have to tip the seat up and fold back the carpet to see it.

Dave Massey
71 TR6