timing

To: "INTERNET:AOH9999@aol.com" <AOH9999@aol.com>
Subject: timing
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:19:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h5JKKoBd003035
Message text written by INTERNET:AOH9999@aol.com
>       i've been on the MG list for awhile now, but just got a 73 Triumph
TR6. I think that the timing is off. can anyone tell me how to fix this
problem,
and more specifically how to set the timing?
<

If we are talking about ignition timing then loosen the clamp bolt at the
base of the distributor and rotate the dizzy until the timing is correct
and then snug up the bolt to prevent rotation.  Disconnect the vacuum line
to the distributor, reset the idle to 800 RPM and set the timing to 10 deg
BTDC.  Reconnect the vacuum line and reset the idle.

Cheers

Dave Massey
71 TR6