Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc

To: Ryoung@navcomtech.com ("Randall Young"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:09:54 -0400
Hi All,
At the outset, I want to thank Randall and Gary for the invaluable assistance
in putting the finishing touches on my car.
Randalls electrical knowledge was a great help and Gary's e-mailed pics did the
trick.I just finished sorting out the last of it last week.(no top or screens
yet)
Now about the carbs:
When I rebuilt my carbs, I found that while the bushings were worn slightly, it
was the throttle shafts that took a beating. After I replaced the shafts and
repinned the stops, I got a pretty good seal. It's not perfect(idles around
800), I'll agree, but I'll bet I get a year out of them.
FWIW

Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS81398L