RE: Modern equivalent to TR3A fan belt?

To: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Modern equivalent to TR3A fan belt?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:52:28 -0700
> My belt blew on the way to work this morning, I have a "get-me-home" spare
> but instead of waiting for shipping from TRF or Moss, does anybody know of
> an alternative that will fit that's more readily available?  i.e. is it
> roughly the same as a something more modern such as mid 80's pickup etc..

If you can find a NAPA store, try asking for a 25-24379 or 25-28386.  The
first number is the belt I use, one of my local stores had one in stock, the
other didn't.  The second number was supplied by James Holecamp, and may or
may not be correct.  James also supplied :

Gates TR28386
Goodyear - part no 24377

One other shot, if you have a dealer for Cummins truck parts nearby, a
Cummins 178539WRZ will work.

Since all of these are long shots, I always carry a new spare belt, wrapped
in plastic to slow down the inevitable ozone attack, and stuffed in the
center of the spare tire along with a few other spare parts.

Randall