Re: TR6 battery box repair

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 battery box repair
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:33:15 -0400
> Bud Trussell wrote:
> I need to repair a 3" hole in a TR6 battery shelf that
> includes the stiffener stamping.

Hi Bud,
In "How to Restore Triumph TR4 & TR4A" by Roger Williams, he demonstrates
the replacement of a battery box on page 54. He references a UK firm called
"TR Bitz". Their address is;
TR Bitz
Lyncastle Way,
Barley Castle Trading Estate,
Appleton Thom,
Warrington,
Cheshire WA4 4ST,
England
Tel: 01925 861861
Email: triumph@trbitz.u-net.com

I believe the front bulkhead in the TR6 is very similar to the TR4/4A so the
example should be valid for your situation.
I have no idea if TR Bitz still can supply this part but it is a possible
solution.
I just finished a similar repair on my TR4A. I was lucky to purchase a used
battery box from a guy on the VTR classifieds. The repair was not too
difficult. You can see how I did it on my website. Do you have access to a
welder? Where are you located? I am in Cincinnati, OH. If you are within
driving distance, I could give you some help on it.
Dave Connitt
'65 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davest4a

Dave Connitt