Re: Brighton.....(was: anywhere in the world) 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brighton.....(was: anywhere in the world) 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h5FEK7Bd005899
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:11:08 +0100

At 16:03 -0500 13/6/2003, Wayne Brazinski wrote:
>Here in Tornado Alley (Plainfield, IL) I'm paying
>$7,200 a year for 1/2 an acre plus an OK house!  I need to get the heck out
>of here!

Come on guys, get real! Move to the UK and you can really experience the power
of the taxman!

Car tax for my main car (1987 Mercedes Diesel Estate) is now #90.75 for 6
months  - that's about $135 for 6 months, insurance runs about $650 a year,
petrol and diesel cost around $7 a gallon and we now have toll roads, toll
bridges and city centre congestion charging in London

Parking charges in London are now more per hour than the minimum wage - it
would be cheaper to pay an unemployed person to drive your car round all day
than park were it not for the price of fuel!

Oh and I pay around $900 a month ($10800 a year) council tax (property tax) on
a 1-bed apartment with a 15 foot by 15 foot garden in Brighton, the UK's newest
City. Of course I pay extra to park a car in the street (no garage) and I can't
get a parking permit for more than one car