TR3 Suspension clunk?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Suspension clunk?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:22:31 EDT
My TR3A drives quite nicley and handles well for a car without a front
stabilizer bar.  However, when I go over a speed bump (at less than 5 mph) I
hear a
clunk/heavy rattle, coming from the right front.  It almost sounds like
something is loose or has a lot of play.   The left side(driver's) is fine.  I
have
jacked up the car and looked for anything loose and used a lever to flex the
suspension and cannot find any excess play.  Is there a trick to lever the
suspension for play?  The down pipe from the manifold is close to the frame,
but I
don't see any that there is any paint scraped off of the frame.  The right
front caliper doesn't appear to have any more play in comparison to the left
caliper.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this noise, I'm out of
ideas.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399