1975 TR6 ... Once was.

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1975 TR6 ... Once was.
From: Graham McMicken <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:51:36 -0700
Hey all,

 After insuring the TR6 for the summer, My Dad took the car in to get all the
fluids chaged, the steering greased up, and whatnot. Well, the people at the
oil change place didnt tighten the oil filter cap enough, and as my dad was
driving, all the oil came out, he quickly noticed, and put some oil in it, and
lugged it back to the place. They apologized, filled it up, and he was on his
way, however, damage had already been done. I took the car out for a spin, and
was noticing some "klunking/tapping" sounds from the engine, which I presume
was a bearing of some sort. As I was driving, the sound became increasingly
worse, and all of a sudden, it gave way, and the engine made a massive sound
(kind of like to rusty fans spinning at 8000 rpm hitting each other.) I
immediatly jammed in the clutch, pulled over, and before I could turn the
engine off, it died. I wasnt about to try to start it, because I know the
damage is collosal. If anyone has some tips, pointers, or legal advice
regarding the oil change company ;-)  Please let me know.

Lets have a moment of silence....

  Thank You,

      - Graham McMicken
        (1975 TR6)