Re: [triumph_2000] Windscreen installation woes

To: <triumph_2000@yahoogroups.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <2000-register@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [triumph_2000] Windscreen installation woes
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:15:55 +0100 h4UKPVtn007490
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>

> He has the bright metal trim attached to the rubber seal and is
> trying to get the rubber back onto the glass so they can press everything
> back onto the car as a unit, but of course, he is nervous about cracking
> the glass because the fit is excessively tight due to the bright metal trim
> limmiting the stretch of the rubber seal.   Most things I've read say to
> put the rubber on the glass, the glass and rubber onto the car, and install
> the bright metal trim AFTER the glass is in place on the car.

Hi Blake,
    The correct procedure is to first fit the rubber to the glass, then fit
trim to the rubber, then the entire assembly is fitted to the car. I know
nothing is impossible, but fitting the stainless trim once the screen is on the
car is pretty close! Fitting the trim to the rubber is extremely difficult in
any case without the correct tool.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--