Re: Voltage Reg/cutoff box

To: "Gary Allgood" <leyte@LVS.NET>
Subject: Re: Voltage Reg/cutoff box
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:59:38 -0400
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h4SG8sPk029463
Message text written by "Gary Allgood"
>So Dave, a pocket knife or spoon is not a good adjustment tool for a
voltage regulator?   :)

How was Champaign?
<

Fine once we got the regulator adjusted.

Seriously, there was an MGB there with a generator problem I have never
encountered before.  But the regulator was working fine, the generator was
marginal and needed good looking at by a rebuilder.

The weather was about perfect - which is rare for the Champaign car show -
and we had no issues although a guy from Michigan threw a rod a mile from
the hotel.  But the Triumph people came through and he had transportation
home for both his car and himself.  I believe Jeff Zorn from the Little
British Car Company was instrumental in this.  Mel took a first, Paul
Schusler took a first, the rest of us walked away empty handed - except for
Roy who won a door prize.

Great weekend.

Dave