Re: [Fwd: 74 TR6] Scams...

To: listreader@pvision.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: 74 TR6] Scams...
From: Percybal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:23:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/2003 6:33:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
listreader@pvision.co.uk writes:

> > > A bank check "is" a bank check, except when it is a "Forged" bank
> check,
> >> then it is "toilet paper".
> >
> >Note for the truly paranoid : the same thing applies even to cash money.
> >
> >Counterfeit bills are usually detected pretty promptly, or not at all, but
> >if the bank finds out several days later that you made a deposit with
> >counterfeit bills, guess who loses !
>
> One way round this is to walk the buyer to the nearest bank and to change
> all the money into different cash denominations. I've done this and it
> certainly takes a lot of the worry out of dealing with unknown buyers
>
> Of course once you've changed the money you can bank it at the same bank...

 Another way is to have the funds wire transfered to one's account. This is
 usually the safest, easiest and surprisingly inexpensive. If someone if
willing
 to issue a bank cashier's check, they should  be willing to make a wire
 transfer. If not, it is time to walk...away from the deal. There are always
 other cars.......Out of lurk mode......

 Percy Ballentine