RE: Parts manuals was RE: TR4 parts

Subject: RE: Parts manuals was RE: TR4 parts
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:25:54 -0700 FILETIME=[4B2A2590:01C3222A]
Cc: "Triumph Owners digest \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> The prices don't match up, just the part numbers.  I'm sure Moss
> UK, Moss US
> and TRF all have different prices on different parts.  But the Moss uk
> catalogue uses the Factory (i.e. Stanpart) part numbers.  The TRF
> pricelist
> also lists the factory (i.e. Stanpart) part number.

That's true perhaps 90% of the time.  But, it turns out there were many
factory supercessions over the years, and I've seen several cases where Moss
UK (and/or Rimmers) list a newer number in their catalog, while TRF lists
only the older number.

Of course, I'm in the somewhat perverse position of buying Stag and Sports 6
parts from a company that doesn't sell them (TRF), so perhaps the problem
isn't as bad for the cars they do support.

On a somewhat related topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a scanner
with a sheet feeder ?
I have an old book of Leyland supercessions, it would be neat to be able to
scan, OCR, and invert it so I could look up new numbers and see what old
numbers they replace.  But it has to be over 200 double-sided pages, and I
don't have the patience to hand scan all of them.

Randall