Re: Was Interesting Web Site - seat belts

To: "LGMiceli" <lgmiceli@attbi.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was Interesting Web Site - seat belts
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:27:52 -0400
At 1:00 PM -0400 5/22/03, LGMiceli wrote:
> I had great luck taking my seatbelts and re-dying them with RIT black dye.
>If the only problem is they are washed out, I would try that rather than
>trying to replace the belts.

This sort of talk really scares me. The reason they are faded is because of
UV exposure. This exposure also seriously degrades the strength of the
material. I wouldn't trust a 30-year-old seatbelt to protect me, period.
Have the belts re-webbed from a reliable source using the existing hardware.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)