Main Beams

To: "Stu Graham" <gramfam1@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Main Beams
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:45:30 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h4MDoGPk028967
Message text written by "Stu Graham"
>Are the "Main Beams" supposed to be "low beams".  When I step on the
switch,
the beams go low, but the "Main Beam" light comes on in the speedo.  I tend
think something is wired backward, but just wanted to check.
<

Maybe you have the wrong headlamp wires plugged into the wrong connectors
in the harness.  Or maybe the wire for the "Main Beam Indicator" is wired
into the wrong connector.

Check the wiring diagram.  I forget which is which, but there is a Blue/Red
and a Blue/White wire for the low (dip) and hight (main) beams and the
color (colour) of the wire to the "Main Beam Indicator" lamp will suggest
which is which.

Lots of opportunities to mis-wire these cars.

Dave
57 TR3