Insurance woes -

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance woes -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:34:10 -0700
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net Spelling Checker
I am sill having trouble finding an insurance company that doesn't charge
an arm and a leg for a car I hardly use -
This is for my 70 GT6 and by hardly use I mean 4 or 5 times at most a month
- I do like to drive it but not as a daily driver - I will take it to work
on occasion, and maybe out for dinner - NOT just cars shows and events -too
few and far in between!
Hagarty says they won't insure it because they say my daily driver is too
close in years to the GT - My 72 Spitfire, which is more reliable that some
newer cars I might add - Grundy will only let me drive it to club events,
parades - no pleasure, backup vehicle, to work or anything other than
practically what a trailer queen use would be -
Any body have any better prospects - I still have State Farm but at close
to $400 a year I was hoping for something better!
This is really frustrating to someone who likes to drive their vehicles -
not just look at them!
bschwart@pacbell.net
---