RE: Aeroscreen Dimensions

To: "'John T Nichols'" <jtnichols@earthlink.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Aeroscreen Dimensions
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:49:29 +0200
Hi John.

Mine, as used on TS 10795, are roughly 340 mm apart. Only markings are the
words " AERO SCREEN " right in the middle, below the glass, facing forward.
Not sure if it might have changed for the TR3A models.

I've also read somewhere that the mounting holes were deleted from the
scuttle later on in the TR3A production run. No idea why Triumph decided to
do that. Perhaps the TR3A was considered too slow to be a racer.... as
opposed to the TR2 and TR3, which are definitely FAST RACERS :-)

Shout if more accurate measurements or pictures are required.

For those of you that might have missed me :-) Yeah, I'm still alive. A wee
bit exhausted, but alive. Just returned to my office on Monday after
presenting health and safety training courses for a couple of months in the
Northern parts of SA on the border between SA, Botswana and Zimbabwe (old
Rhodesia). Now I have to start catching up on all my correspondence and
restoration work...er, restoration fun.

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

" Triumphs are meant to be driven ..... Keep them on the road ! "