Rear oil seal modification

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear oil seal modification
From: MRobe33243@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:19:00 EDT
Hi listers:

   Last month I asked for help on the specs for grinding the crank shaft to
accomodate the new seal and was pleased with the response.  Based on this
information I had the crank ground. Yeaterday, I found the specs and found
they agreed with what the list had provided.

A few of the threads mentioned oil leak problems  and in some cases added
more sealant.  One of the mods that was not mentioned was drilling two new
holes on the rear main, one on each side of the existing oil hole paralell
with and exiting on the bearing surface.  This is necessary to reduce
pressure on the seal.

Just thought I'd mention this just in case these instruction were not
received.

Bob Roberts
TR$$$$
35411CT