Re: [SPIT6CGT6] Really wierd behaviour

To: <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [SPIT6CGT6] Really wierd behaviour
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:33:33 -0400
Cc: "'SPIT6CGT6@egroups.com'" <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
David,
   As it happened apparently somewhat abruptly....
check your mechanical fuel pump. The diaphragm
may have ruptured so you would not be getting
any gas to the carbs. AND/OR... check your
oil level.  If the pump croaked...it could be leaking
gas into the crankcase.  I've also seen the little
pivot rod, simply give out (and or the crimps that hold
it in place) which means no pumping action at all.

Also check the little grounding wire on the distributor
plate (internal ground wire) to make sure it hasn't
broken.

Paul Tegler
wizardz@toad.net
www.teglerizer.com