re: cam degreeing

To: ms6453@optonline.net, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: cam degreeing
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:17:01 -0600
Your machinist is right have a look at the description of how to do it
on this web site.
http://www.webcamshafts.com/degreeing.html
http://www.webcamshafts.com/cam_glossary.html
Or go to almost any cam manufacturers web site and they should have a
tech section showing how to degree your cam. I personally sit my laptop
on a table next to the engine stand and plot the lift every 2 degrees
into an excell spread sheet then I end up with a cam timing chart that
looks just like the cam makers. I also plot the lift at the lobe and the
valve this will help you spot any out of spec rocker arms. I had 2
rockers that had significantly lower ratios than the others so I
replaced them it made 0.012" difference at the valve it also changes the
timing at the valve when the rockers don't match.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3
1963 Fiat Cabriolet