Mounting single-box exhaust on TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mounting single-box exhaust on TR4A
From: Rivendell <rupert@journey.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:45:47 -0400
Hi all,

I have this week off with the express purpose of either getting the TR4a
on the road, or having the engine genade in the attempt.  The DPO had a
rear single-box exhaust system on the car, so I assumed that is what I
should replace it with. Now I'm not so sure.  There are mounting points
on the rear crossbar for both the two-box system as well as for the
single box system (three total), but I cannot figure out where the
single box system should be attached on the right side.  The general
location looks like it should be roughly around the shock mounting
plate, but I can't find any holes or brackets there.  I'm wondering if I
should drill a hole in the plate where the right lever-arm is mounted,
or if I'm missing something.  Can anybody give me a hint on how the
front of the box should be mounted on the right hand side?

Thanks and regards,

Dave Rupert
1967 TR4A
1957 TR3