TR3A control head

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A control head
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 08:15:34 -0400
Hi listers,
After 6 years my TR3A (TS81398L) is nearing completion...if you can apply that
definition to our cars.

I installed the new electrical harness and everything works except the wipers,
turn signals and horn and I have a couple of questions.

1. Can anyone tell me where the wire colors go on the wiper motor. The wiring
diagrams I have are not clear on this...even though the wiper motor is marked.

2. My flasher unit isn't lettered like the schematics show. can anyone tell me
how it's wired. I have an old numbered unit that I used as an example, but I'd
like to make sure.

3. The control head is particularly vexing. I ran a successful continuity
check, so I know the wires are OK. with the control head apart and looking from
underneath ccw, I have a brn/w blk(horn...hot), a grn/w red(lft. turn), a lt.
grn/w red(neutral?)and a grn/w wh.(rt. turn). the thin copper disc that sits on
the sweeper assy. has a tang that is coonected to the horn contact plate(on the
opposite side of the assy)via a hold down screw.

Is this correct? I haven't taken this apart any further, but I know there's a
lot of grease in the turn signal sweeper lever....could this be a problem?

You guys are fonts of knowledge and if I can resolve this last bit, I'll start
'er up soon after.

Thanks

Bob Stahlbush

66 MGB GHN3L 78708