re: TR4A underhood disc pad

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR4A underhood disc pad
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:30:59 EDT
I think these underhood jute discs weren't added till the TR4-A model and
maybe even late in factory production.
Not only have I rarely seen these since 1974 - I've never had a problem with
my hood hitting the thermostat! (or problems changing my fan belt for that
matter).
Perhaps when the 'hood buffer' design changed ie; from those 'dead flat pads'
to the 'variable seatable cones' or when they changed the TR4 'solid motor
mounts' to the TR4A 'hollow motor mounts' - then the stat housing and hood
came to meet with either dropping the hood or revving the motor.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74  .. with dimple free hood

>>Any other TR4s & TR4As out there with these ugly, makeshift looking
fiber discs glued to the hood (bonnet)?<<