TR3a water pump story

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a water pump story
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 22:16:27 -0400
Evening all,

Some of you may remember last September the stud on the end of the WP broke
off and the washer embedded itself in the pulley. Well thanks to FT for a
new OE pulley and I got a new "improved" 6 blade pump from Ken Gilanders.  I
installed them on the weekend and did her first run since September. I let
her idle for about 25 minutes and the temp never went above 185degF,
woohoo!!!  After checking for leaks took her for a drive and verified the
temp, spot on 185deg.

So early reports have the new 6 blade pump moving the water better, keeping
the temp at almost ideal still with a 4psi cap. After another month, I will
report then.

David Templeton
'59 TR3a - much better cooling.
'74 Spitfire