Re: Dot 5 vs. Dot 4 or 5.1---Not really

To: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dot 5 vs. Dot 4 or 5.1---Not really
From: Percybal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 23:08:59 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/2003 9:50:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kinderlehrer@mindspring.com writes:

> There was a program on PBS not so long ago called the "The cars of Cuba".
> Importing anything has been a problem there since the revolution so they do
> their best to keep what they have running. Seems like they do a damn good
> job at it and there are a number of fine looking '50's cars. One of the
> things they can't get is brake fluid, so they make do with a mixture of
> mostly dish washing soap. If I remember correctly, they add a little oil.
> And these cars are used daily as taxi cabs. Puts a different perspective on
> Dot 4 vs. Dot 5. Maybe just thow in some Dot.Joy and be done with it :-)
>
> Bob

 My God. What joy to meet someone who has cherished these
 cars in their families for so may years..and to enjoy a proper cigar
 without having to travel to Canada......although I do enjoy a
 regular trip to Canada for proper beer and a delightful dish
 called "pooteen" or something to that effect...a French peasant
 dish which is composed of fried potato, cheese and gravy. I
 always request onion too. A lot of places use French fries,
 however I don't know if this is "kosher." An obvious cardiologist's
 pocketbook delight, but well deserved after a hard day of driving
 the eastern face of Vancouver Island in a not-so-sorted-out Triumph.

 How many Triumphs were delivered to Cuba, and do they still
 survive? There must be some cars still there and perhaps running
 due to the resourcefulness of the people.

 Percy Ballentine