Re: TR4 oil filter question

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 oil filter question
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 18:59:49 -0600
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jack W. Drews wrote:

>I need some numbers for USA-made spin-on oil filters for TR4 WITHOUT the
>oil cooler adapter. Can anybody help?

Jack, I don't know from an oil cooler adapter, but for my plain old
spin-on oil filter adapter on my TR4, I use a Purolator PureOne PL20195.
When my car was in a brit car shop after I hit a Ford Explorer, they
changed the oil and used a Fram PH3682 (which is the number recommended
in the slip of paper that was included with the adapter) The Purolator
filter cross-ref'd to the Fram and gets a better rating on the web sites
that take oil filters too seriously. It costs twice as much as a Fram so
it must be better. <g>

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO