TR3 brake adjusting wedge (tappet)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 brake adjusting wedge (tappet)
From: JMcmahon@ictgroup.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:13:24 -0400
Does anyone know if the brake tappet -- adjusting wedge is interchangeable
between the 9 inch and 10 inch brakes on a 59 TR3?   Yes, the DPO actually
put the brakes on with one adjusting wedge missing! Moss does not sell the
wedge for 10 inch brakes, they say NA,  but they do sell it for 9 inchers.
BV sells the wedge but does not specify whether it's for a 9 or 10 inch
brakes, it says for all TR3, TR4 and 250 models.  Somebody is wrong and I
don't want to spend $99 for the whole adjusting assembly just for a $2.95
tappet.

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the suggestions to get my brake shoes
relined...I found someone locally who will do it.

Jack 59 TR3