Re: The Italian Job remake

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Italian Job remake
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:11:43 -0500
Paul Burr wrote:

>Wow, a new version of one of my favorite movies.
>http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/the_italian_job/

Call me a fuddy duddy, but I don't think I'll bother. Or, perhaps I'll
wait for the DVD and only watch the actual car scenes.

The movie trailer essentially gave away what looks to be the best twist
or surprise in the movie. The safe.

The original Italian Job was a comedy masquerading as an adventure
movie, or do I have that reversed :-)

Michael Caine was....well....Michael Caine. Noel Coward was superb as
Mr. Bridger. This film was Noel Coward's last role before he died.

Anyone who has not seen the original MUST rent the movie. Some might
argue, but IMHO, the chase scenes stand on the same level with Ronan,
Bullitt and the Seven-Ups.

I guess I am a fuddy. I'm starting to sound like my Dad. "These damn
kids today. No taste, no brains. Harumph."

Andy Litkowiak