re: how to long-term store brake/clutch MCs?

To: jhassall@blacksburg.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: how to long-term store brake/clutch MCs?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:30:26 EDT
Jim
TRF sells the Girling brand red hydraulic grease -
that would be a good start
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
----
I've just finished bead blasting, cleaning, Alodining and honing my brake
and clutch MC.  When I disassembled them, the MC and the piston on both
were very badly rusted.  The rust in the MC and on the pistons has been
completely removed and I'm ready to reassemble the bits.  What's a good
treatment for the pistons to ensure that they don't re-rust while they sit,
awaiting the rest of the car (at least two years away)?  I was thinking
about Lithium grease, but wasn't sure it would be compatible with hydraulic
fluid (I plan to use DOT 5).
TIA
J.C. Hassall