Re: TR250 front Spring removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 front Spring removal
From: Brian Borgstede <itcbborg@admiral.umsl.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:20:46 -0500
I would also like to add:
For the plate, I used a short 6" piece of 2X4.  I drilled a hole
4"deep through the edge of the wood. (across the grain)
This way the wood fits between the studs for the shocks and won't slide around.
Also, I used special nut that's about an inch long, I think it's
used fot coupling two threaded rods together, but I used it
to get the most thread contact.
Also keep oil on the threads.  This is very soft metal for this kind of load.
Also, keep your wits about you!  This is VERY DANGEROUS stuff.
Oh, and also, a ratcheting box wrench makes life better.