TR6: 1-Man Diff Installation Tips?

To: <vze34wdb@verizon.net>
Subject: TR6: 1-Man Diff Installation Tips?
From: "Peter Arakelian" <PeterAra@MSN.COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:19:23 -0800 FILETIME=[D7D15480:01C2FBF3]
Cc: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I did a one-man r&r of my differential and yes getting it out was much easier
than getting it back in.  It took a lot of time, patience, I think I may have
used a block of wood to get the angle right.  If I remember correctly I was
able to get the diff started on a couple of the studs before the rest - that
was a good thing because I could get a nut just started and then pivot the
diff onto the others.  I assume you are using a floor jack type, get one with
a big plate or put a large board on the plate to increase the surface area.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver