TR3 Handbrake Cable Routing

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Handbrake Cable Routing
From: Scott Suhring <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 17:37:56 -0500
Cc: John Krause <jktr250@comcast.net>, Bob Krivenko <trbob@comcast.net>
Well, actually got back in the garage today to continue work on the 3's
rebirth.  My question to the list is the proper routing of the handbrake
cable.  I got the two cables attached for the brake leavers but am having
trouble with the cable that runs from the pivot arm to the hand brake.  My
notes from when I disassembled it indicate that the inner wire goes through
the front securing bracket and runs exposed to the bottom of the handbrake.
The end of the outer cover (sheath) butts up to the back of the front
bracket, runs through the hole in the cross member of the chassis, and
through the rear bracket with the spring being compressed between the rear
pivot arm and the end of the cover.

My problem is that the replacement cable does not fit through the opening of
the rear bracket.  Do I need to get the file out and make the opening
larger?  Any thoughts/ideas/BTDT would be appreciated.

TIA
Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6