wire loom cover

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: wire loom cover
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:01:56 -0700
I'm putting my steering column back together and I'm having trouble
getting the wire loom cover to fit under the column.  Perhaps someone
could verify if the end facing the front of the car get pinched between
the steering column bracket, or does the end of it sit just in front of
the bracket.  I think I've seen earlier units that use a clamp around
the steering column but perhaps that was before the locking ignition
switch.

Has anyone had luck repairing the little tab on this cover that engages
the hole where the wires from the turn signal and dimmer switch come
from?  Mine is broken and long gone.

John - 1976 TR6