Re: Replacing TR4A Weatherstrip channels

To: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing TR4A Weatherstrip channels
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:31:53 -0500
  From: Dave Connitt
  To: Triumphs
  Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 4:00 PM
  Subject: Replacing TR4A Weatherstrip channels

  List,
  I am replacing the rusted out weather strip channels (Moss PN 802-060) in
my
  TR4A. Does anybody have any slick way of forming this channel to fit the
  door openings? No matter how I try to form these pieces, the rolled edge
  wants to crimp. I thought about possibly placing a welding rod or something
  in each crimp before bending to keep the channel open but haven't tried it
  yet.
  Waiting for ideas while the garage warms up..
  Thans,
  Dave

  Dave Connitt
  Cincinnati, OH