Sat mornings in the SF Bay Area

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sat mornings in the SF Bay Area
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:28:03 -0800
I haven't seen this mentioned on the list, so maybe people aren't aware of
it, but every Sat AM there is an informal get together in Mountain View for
all British (or other European) cars. This was started by Gary Anderson (of
British Car Magazine), his email is attached below.

I've been a few times, including this morning and it is always a fun time.
People come and go, between 8:00 and 10:00, on their way to and from.  This
morning there were about 7 cars, 2-TR3A's, MGTD, Jaguar, MGGT, MGB, TR6
while I was there.  Last time, Gary was there with his Mini Cooper and there
was a '53 Austin America there.

It's a good place to pick up tips on resources in the area and just to
shmooz  with a bunch of car nuts, so come on over - details are in Gary's
email below:

Bob

> Subject: Saturday Morning British Car Doughnut Cruise
>

> For the past few weeks, some friends and I have been scouting the Krispy
> Kreme parking lot in Mountain View as the potential site for Saturday
> Morning
> British Car Cruise-ins, and we think this is an idea whose time as come.
>
> As you may be aware, Donut Derelicts in Pasadena, Sons of Lucas in San
Luis
> Obispo, and several other groups have been for a long time gathering on an
> informal basis at some designated shopping center/donut shop on Saturday
> mornings. Donut Derelicts now attract several hundred cars every Saturday.
> We
> think that such a site is needed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
> Here's the deal:
>
> Any Saturday that you feel like getting a start on your morning errands by
> driving your British car and kicking the day off with a donut, coffee, and
> some interesting cars, drop by the Krispy Kreme in Mountain View, at the
> Rengsdorf exit on the west side of Highway 101, next to the Costco,
PetClub,