Media-Blasting & Glass Cutting

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Media-Blasting & Glass Cutting
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:52:50 -0800 (PST)
I have two questions for the list today....

On eBay, there's a fella selling SU carb sets that have been
'Micro-Polished' and I'm wondering how he got the finish. From the
pictures, it looks very nice. Is it simply very fine media blasting? Those
tiny glass beads?

Second question:

I once saw a TR-4 on the internet that had the front windshield cut down
to about 1/2 or 2/3 normal height. It was reminiscent of a 550 Spyder's
windshield in porportion to the body.

A windshield frame on eBay triggered the memory.

Can a good glass shop cut down a laminate windshield? Or is it likely I
was looking at a piece of Lexan?

-jeffrey