Re: Dremelling aluminum (LBC, honest!)

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dremelling aluminum (LBC, honest!)
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:18:23 -0500
Mark,

Dremel has a fairly large assortment of carbide router bits that work well
in most metals and would make quick work on the aluminum. You probably want
to spend your time fine tuning a jig, and do quite a bit of experimenting
until you find the proper depth and width/length., etc. I think your
challenge maybe the corners.

Dremel does sell a small (looks inexpensive) Cutting Kit which allows you
adjust the depth of the cut, and lets you see what you're cutting. They also
have a Router table and a Router attachment as well, probably a little more
expensive.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red