Re: Phantomgrip Limited slip

To: Dixie <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Phantomgrip Limited slip
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:35:34 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
When I went to the 3.27 diff I now have in Tiny Tim (the 240 hp
Spitfire) I could no longer use the Quaife Limited Slip carrier I have
been using.  So I decided to give the Phantom grip a try.  I figured
that it had to be better than an open diff and less trouble than welding
the spider gears.

I got the Green Unit (with heavier springs) and installed that.  It took
only about 10 minutes to install once the carrier is removed from the
case.  Since then I have used it in 3 autocross events and frankly, I
can't tell any difference in the Phantom grip and the Quaife I had
before.

For my money, it is worth every penny.

Regards,
Joe