Re:TR4A-TR6 Rear Hub Tool

To: "Homebru" <homebru@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re:TR4A-TR6 Rear Hub Tool
From: "Mark Meany" <mark@basecamp.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:45:27 -0500
Cc: "TriumphTeam" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Chris - I don't know whether the device I had made up will work on the hub
for a solid axle car. However, the tool does resemble, very closely, tool
M.86A as shown in the factory (& Bentley) manual on page 3-106. It lacks the
provision for the cheater bar to prevent the assemble from rotating because
on the IRS cars, the hub is disassembled after the half shaft/hub has been
removed from the vehicle as opposed to in situ on the solid axle variety. I
copied our posts to the list thinking someone else might know fer sure.

Mark Meany
TR4A CTC62486 O
Keene, NH