weather strip

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: weather strip
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:22:16 -0500
Doing a little winter cleanup that have been on the back burner for some time
now, so this morning I removed the weather strip from the bottom of the
windshield on my "3", got the trusty "fiberglass stick" that glass installers
use on gasket and the entire job of removing the old and installing the new
took less than 5 minutes, using "Armor All" generously I  placed the gasket at
a angle in the W/S slot and  using the rounded tip of the stick,  just sled it
along the edge of the frame and with a slight bit of downward force/pressure
it compressed the gasket right in place, not a hard job anymore using these
sticks, most glass shops will give them to you free of charge.  "FT"