Re: $3 gallon gas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: $3 gallon gas
From: "Rave Racer" <raveracer77@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:09:44 -0500 FILETIME=[5E010770:01C2D32D]
    Well, I'm not the best suited to answer this question I'll throw in my
$.02 because it's still a free country.  I do believe hybrid power can
adequately run the largest SUV but has not yet because the manufacturers may
believe that the market for that type of vehicle may tend to be stubborn
about what they like i.e. big throbbing power.  I think it won't be long
before Honda puts one in something and as technology advances people will
start buying them until their numbers match the gas chuggers, and of course
the GOV will step in and make legislation to promote hybrids.......  Unless
Dubya owns a Texas oil field, but that's another topic.
    Hydrogen may not be free, but it is unlimited, and the power to make it
can be supplied from Norwegian wind farms if need be whereas, once gas is
burned it's gone and in it's place is a big hole under some Dictators ground
who knows that with it he controls our societies finances.
    The real problem with SUV's isn't the SUVs.  It's the dummies who buy
them and don't need nor use them to their full potential.  I HAD some car
friends who traded in their Rice burners for Murican pickups, and of course
one mini truck.  These big motor vehicles are 2WD, 2 seaters, V8's, other
then the mini truck who's bed is full of hydraulics and air pumps for the
fancy suspension.  Pointless here in Canada's winter.  My Audi Quattro does
better in our winter then they do with their clearance.  And they have the
GAUL to question my cars purpose daily.
    Point?  IF I needed to tow a boat, that's one thing, but when you're
single, no kids, live in the city, nothing to haul, not far to go, then why?
Especially if you're not getting 4WD, which is available on more and more
cars, in an area where it is actually useful.
*****flame off********
    As the last person who will ever buy an SUV, or a Honda, I do support
their purposes.  After all not everyone can afford an Audi Allroad.
    As for the gas prices?  Hydrogen power means anyone can make their own
fuel, and I'm all for that.

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX  gone but not forgotten
 http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan    another victim of time
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/50-50-111014_20raveracer-gt6-1.jpg
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)    ...is no more