$3 gas

To: "The Usual Suspects" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: $3 gas
From: "Michael Hutchinson" <mahutchinson@aceks.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:22:38 -0600
I resisted as long as I could.  Just have to get this off my chest.

Alright, let's get down to brass tacks here.  Does anyone know why Ford quit
building the Festiva (50 mpg)?  It's because they didn't sell.  Does anyone
know why Detroit makes so many "evil" SUVs?  Because that's what people want.
That's what sells.  If people want high economy, they are free to buy them.
If enough people buy them, Detroit will make more of them.  It's called
"Capitalism" & "Supply/Demand").  It may not be perfect, but it's the best
thing going.

As far as Europe paying more for gasoline than us here in the US, just
remember that crude oil costs about the same all over the world.  If people in
other countries are comfortable paying all that difference in taxes, far be it
from me to stop them.

Michael Hutchinson
'71 TR6 (The Lazarus Project)