Re: $3 gallon gas 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1CH9NCL014707

Subject: Re: $3 gallon gas 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1CH9NCL014707
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:05:54 -0800
>Just as the sinking of the Titanic shattered public faith in technology
>and ushered in a new and uncertain era, the coming war with Iraq could
>be the trigger for dramatic--perhaps even permanent--price spikes in
>world oil markets that will change our lives in ways we haven't begun to
>imagine.

Blah, blah, blah

That's what everyone said back in '91, too. Never happened, did it? I
distinctly remember filling up one morning during the height of the
Gulf War, when the price of gas was a whopping $.77 a gallon.
Oooooooh! I'm SO scared!!

So calm down, folks. Let's stop trying to come up with excuses why we
shouldn't blow Iraq to smithereens. I'm really quite tired of all the
speculation about the extent to which oil plays a part in the current
unfolding drama.

This is about defending the free non-barbaric world against whackos, period.

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6