Re: TR4 Coolant bypass circuit.

To: "Scott Tilton" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Coolant bypass circuit.
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:02:19 -0800
Scott,

FWIW, the thing that made the biggest difference in the amount of heat I got
out of my meager TR3A heater was flushing and cleaning the radiator core. It
seems I have to do this periodically.  I have no idea what's invloved in
removing a TR4 heater core, but I found it necessary to remove the heater,
flush it with a garden hose (with very little pressure), then pour in
various cleaning solutions like Radiator Flush, and vinegar and shake it
vigorously.  I kept doing this until I could fill up the radiator core, pour
it back out into a measuring container, and get close to what the book said
was the capacity of the core. I figured this meant all the tubes were free
flowing.  What I found was that passing water through the heater core and
seeing it come out clean from the other side did not mean the core was clean
or operating at full capacity.

Just a thought,
Bob