Ignition switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition switch
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 22:35:07 -0500
    I'm in the process of removing the upper steering column on my 76
TR6 and while pulling the plug on the ignition switch, it pulled out of
the key cylinder and separated into 2 halves.  I figured out where the 3
springs go, but there is also a metal ball and I have no clue where that
goes, nor how to orient the halves when putting them together.  Is it
salvageable, or should I just order a replacement.   Thanks for any
light you can shed(Kinda dark under that dash).   John Mitchell

1976 TR6  BRG  in CT